4.27.2010

Yellow Cars

I used to drive the end-all of yuppies car-- a bright yellow Ford Escape.  Yes, yellow.  I like bright colors, and, well, I have a tendency to lose my car in parking lots and especially garages.  It usually results in me starting at the bottom of the garage, and simply walking up the floors until I find it.

In any event, I have a tendency to get a little attached to my cars, and the Bananamobile was no different.  So, when the time came to trade it in, it was a little bittersweet.  I drove home in a brand-spanking new Jeep Wrangler, which I LOVE, but felt more than a little bad when the salesperson told me that my beloved Escape would likely be scrapped for parts.  Poor Banana.

Then, down in Monterey on my wedding day, as I walked over to the hair salon, I glanced to my right and saw to my complete disbelief my Bananamobile right there in the parking lot!  It hadn't been scrapped for parts after all!  I like to think it was there to wish me a happy marriage, but that's just me.  Here's another yellow car that happily wasn't scrapped for parts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment