4.25.2010

Blackhawk Museum

It's been a very busy two months at my place.  While kicking off wedding season with shows, meetings, and some truly fun and fabulous couples, we've also been putting together a new booth for Twisted Rock Photography, and building up new inventory for the Livermore Wine Country Festival (more on that soon!).  I'm told most people like to take the entire winter to do this.  We somehow decided to go with two months.  As such, the UPS man and I are really getting to know each other, our living room has been transformed into a veritable art gallery, and I'm just now getting around to blogging the rest of the photos from our Easter visit to the Blackhawk Museum.  That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

My favorite era for the automobile is the 1930s through 1960s.  I love a big, curvy land yacht, especially in an outrageously bright color.  The lines and contours flow effortlessly, and nothing can beat the variety and style of the hood ornaments.  I know it sounds totally un-environmental, but I love those cars.  Here's my plea to the auto industry: We've come a long way since the 50s, so let's build really good-looking cars again, but with more efficient engines and today's technologies.  Bring back some of that classic styling!

In any event, the Blackhawk Museum has a great collection, and, as Josh said, I must've had a really good time shooting, because after 15 minutes, I was still only 5 feet into the gallery.  On to some photos!


My dad used to have an 80s-issue Oldsmobile with a linear speedometer.  Granted, it was digital, but still not nearly as stylish as this one.  And, hello, mint green!

I spent a ton of time with this Plymouth Fury.  I love the Fury logo, and the fins, but with the eight bazillion spotlights above, finding an angle that worked took some finagling.

Happy Monday, folks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment